It’s Grand National weekend this weekend and as ever we’ve had our own office sweepstake. Like a lot of the country we will be willing our chosen horses around the Aintree track quicker than any of the other 39 participants.
The race starts at 4:15 pm on Saturday and will be watched on television by approximately 600million people around the world. Will you be watching the 2012 Grand National? Have you had a bet on the race itself?
More Grand national Facts
- The Chair is the tallest fence and is a staggering 5 feet 2 inches tall.
- 1929 had a field of 66 starters where 1883 only had 10 runners. These days the field is limited to 40 starters.
- Red Rum is the most successful horse in Grand national history with 3 wins in 1973, 1974 and 1977
- In 1934 Golden Miller became the only horse in History to win the Grand national and the Cheltenham gold cup double. A feat that Synchronised can match this year
- The Largest number of finishers was 23 in 1984
- The fastest ever time is the 8 minutes 47.8 seconds Mr Frisk recorded in taking victory in 1990.
Of course if you want to experience a bit more of a thrill of a Horse Racing event why not book us to run your very own Race night for you?
Follow me: Steve on Google+